Saturday, October 31, 2009

Letters to {Kallie}

My dearest, darling, daughter;

You are the joy in my life-the butter for my bread. I'm eternally grateful that you are part of my forever family.

However-

We have been battling your picky eating for the last year and a half. It's getting old. Really, really old. And we've tried everything. So-

I curse you and your future family. I curse you with one...no, TWO...picky eaters. This is no ordinary curse. Your children will not only refuse any and everything you put in front of them that doesn't resemble sugar, but they will sneak suckers and gum, defy every trick in the book, and drive you absolutely insane with worry about their health.

Now don't get grumpy about this! As I place this curse on you, I do so with all the love my heart can hold.

Good luck with that!

Love, Mom

2 comments:

Makell said...

The part at the end - "good luck with that" is my favorite part of that whole letter! That's pretty funny -I can totally hear you saying that:) I thought you were headed down the mother of the year path at the beginning of the letter!

Kierstin said...

That's so funny! According to my Mother-dear, i was also the worlds worst eater. She used to have to leave tiny bits of food on a kitchen chair that I would scavenge from throughout the day. I'm pretty sure my mom cursed me too... but to no avail. Good luck with that to you too!